The Körner’s Folly Foundation is seeking a friendly, dependable person who enjoys working with the public to provide educational and enjoyable experiences of the historic house museum. No experience necessary. Studies or work in the museum field, public history, education, or historical research is a plus. The Körner’s Folly Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Visitor Services Associate
2-3 shifts per week, 13-26 hours / week
Tuesdays – Saturdays from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Must have Saturday availability
- Turn lights on and off to open the house
- Keep house secure and monitor security cameras
- Welcome and introduce visitors to the history of Körner’s Folly
- Help visitors purchase tickets and make online reservations
- Answer phone, respond to emails, and relay messages promptly
- Receive mail
- Record museum attendance
- Collections care, including dusting, sweeping, and temperature logs
- Keep the historic house free of wildlife
- Administrative assistance such as data entry, envelope stuffing, inventory, etc.
- Assistance as needed for children, family, and general public programming
- Help visitors discover and appreciate Kernersville
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Customer service, including politeness and consideration of others
- Public speaking / sharing historical information with visitors
- Observation, careful cleaning, and attention to detail
- Adherence to organizational policies; knowing when to ask for help
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Calendar, and Gmail
Work is performed in an office and historic house environment with moderate physical activity, which involves cleaning, climbing stairs, and occasional lifting of 25 pounds.
- Interviews will begin the week of August 1, 2022
- Before hiring, the Körner’s Folly Foundation will conduct a Criminal Background Check as well as Drug Testing.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Anticipated start: Mid to late August 2022.
- Anonymous site visits are encouraged. Learn more about historic Körner’s Folly at www.kornersfolly.org.