The Körner’s Folly Foundation, a private non-profit organization, is seeking a friendly, dependable person who enjoys working with the public to provide educational and positive experiences of the historic house museum. No experience necessary. Studies or work in the museum field, public history, education, or historical research is a plus. The Körner’s Folly Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Visitor Services Associate
Shifts available Tuesday – Saturday from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, depending on availability
- Turn lights on and off to open the house
- Keep house secure and monitor security cameras
- Welcome and introduce visitors to the history of Körner’s Folly
- Help visitors purchase tickets and make online reservations
- Answer phone and relay messages promptly
- Receive mail
- Record museum attendance
- Collections care, including dusting, sweeping, and temperature logs
- Keep the historic house free of wildlife
- Administrative assistance such as data entry, envelope stuffing, inventory, etc.
- Assistance as needed for children, family, and general public programming
- Help visitors discover and appreciate Kernersville
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Customer service, including politeness and consideration of others
- Public speaking / sharing historical information with visitors
- Observation, careful cleaning, and attention to detail
- Adherence to organizational policies; knowing when to ask for help
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media
Work is performed in an office and historic house environment with moderate physical activity, which involves cleaning, climbing stairs, and occasional lifting of 25 pounds.
Before hiring, the Körner’s Folly Foundation may conduct a Criminal Background Check as well as Drug Testing.
Valid Driver’s License or other form of photo identification required.
Questions? Contact Suzanna Ritz, Körner’s Folly Foundation Operations & Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anonymous site visits are encouraged. Learn more about historic Körner’s Folly at www.kornersfolly.org. Position open until filled.