The Körner’s Folly Foundation, a non-profit organization, is seeking a friendly, dependable person who enjoys working with the public to provide educational and positive experiences of the historic house museum. No experience necessary. Studies or work in the museum field, public history, education, or historical research is a plus. The Körner’s Folly Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Visitor Services Associate
2-3 shifts per week, 9-20 hours
Shifts available Tuesday – Saturday from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, depending on availability
Typical shifts are 4-7 hours
Must have Saturday availability
- Turn lights on and off to open the house
- Keep house secure and monitor security cameras
- Welcome and introduce visitors to the history of Körner’s Folly
- Help visitors purchase tickets and make online reservations
- Answer phone and relay messages promptly
- Receive mail
- Record museum attendance
- Collections care, including dusting, sweeping, and temperature logs
- Keep the historic house free of wildlife
- Administrative assistance such as data entry, envelope stuffing, inventory, etc.
- Assistance as needed for children, family, and general public programming
- Help visitors discover and appreciate Kernersville
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Customer service, including politeness and consideration of others
- Public speaking / sharing historical information with visitors
- Observation, careful cleaning, and attention to detail
- Adherence to organizational policies; knowing when to ask for help
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Gmail
Work is performed in an office and historic house environment with moderate physical activity, which involves cleaning, climbing stairs, and occasional lifting of 25 pounds.
Work Hiring Process:
Application available below and/or email resume and cover letter to: Dale Pennington, Körner’s Folly Foundation Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Before hiring, the Körner’s Folly Foundation will conduct a Criminal Background Check as well as Drug Testing.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Anticipated start: May 2022.
Anonymous site visits are encouraged.