The Körner’s Folly Foundation has embarked upon a Capital Campaign to build a beautiful new centerpiece in Kernersville – a Visitors Center at Körner’s Folly that will also serve as a community gathering place. The center will be completed in partnership with the Town of Kernersville. Funds raised as part of this campaign will also complete necessary interior renovations and develop new community programs at the Folly.
The 5,600 square foot Visitors Center will allow the Folly to accommodate more people with:
- An expanded parking lot with space for 50 cars and 3 full-size buses, more than twice the space of the current parking lot and now providing for bus tour visits to other destinations in Kernersville.
- A media area to show portions of house that are not handicapped accessible.
- An Exhibit Lobby with space for group visits and special exhibitions.
- A Community Room with space for lectures, programs, and event rentals.
- Expanded restrooms and gift shop to serve more visitors.
In addition to complementing a house museum fully restored to original grandeur, the Visitors Center will also be used by the community. It will have space available for meetings, conferences and events for use by local nonprofit organizations, businesses, and individuals.